1/26/16

Outsiders on WGN America

I prefer Justified over Duck Dynasty when it comes to hillbillies. Scripted stories are always better than rambling thoughts, particularly some of these thoughts.

So now we learn WGN America's Outsidersstarting tonight, follows the Farrell family in Kentucky's bit of Appalachia. And it is scripted. So I am intrigued. 

Some critics already have nice things to say. 
The Washington Post noted:

...if you stick with it, “Outsiders” becomes another pleasant surprise in a winter season that’s so far been full of shows that turned out better than I expected. The pace and writing are meaningful and sometimes verge on elegant, as “Outsiders” patiently explores the power dynamics in the town and the strange world on the mountaintop above.

I plan to see if I can stick with it. 

No comments: