1/10/16

Deadwood: I Do Not Want a Movie

That's right, I do not want a Deadwood movie.  What I want is a continuation of the terrific Deadwood series that ended far too early.  David Milch completed only three seasons before he moved onto the dreadful John from Cincinnati series that never made any sense. 

Heck, Timothy Olyphant is done with Justified (though he is bugging Rob Low on The Grinder) and Ian McShane may have a few things to do on Game of Thrones, but I am sure he has some time.  

Yes, I am happy that we will see any part of Deadwood again, but I wanted to make it clear that the more we see of this crew the better.  We may be flooded with great television shows nowadays, but Deadwood will always have a special place with its fans who experienced its demise while still in its bloom.

No comments: