2/4/16

Why I Dropped The Flash

That's it! First The Flash started crossover episodes with Arrow and now next month we will see the first Supergirl crossover episode. This is getting tiring. It was interesting in the beginning, but now it is clearly product placement rather than good storytelling. If I wanted to watch Arrow or CBS's Supergirl I would tune in, but I do not.  But now I have to record these shows as well if I want both sides of the episode.  And I expect this will shortly happen again with DC Legends since the characters on that show emerged from The Flash and Arrow.  This incestuous relationship between all these men and women in tights is too much.

I hope Netflix does not go this tiresome route with Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and the new Luke Cage. I don't like my peas touching my mashed potatoes, so keep my super heroes to their own hours. 

And don't get me started with this Glee crossover. That's right, The Flash's Grant Gustin was a private school brat Sebastian Smythe and Supergirl's Melissa Benoist played Marley Rose.  I wonder when Darren Criss will become TV's Aquaman.  Just kidding.  Or am I?

No comments: