2/6/16

Check Out Chelsea

I was not familiar with Chelsea Handler's late night show, Chelsea Lately, but I bumped into her four-part series on Netflix titled Chelsea Does...  The documentary premiered at the Sundance File Festival and covers four topics: marriage, Silicon Valley, racism, and drugs.  

I watched the marriage episode and thoroughly enjoyed her approach to the topic, from Las Vegas weddings and dating services to bondage and cheating.  She covered it all and was not afraid to throw in her opinion, which often caught the others off guard.  I also enjoyed her disgusted looks at the camera more than her comments as she was clearly thinking to herself "What is wrong with these people?"  And in the marriage episode she spent a fair amount of time with her family, including questioning her father about his marriage.  Throughout the show Chelsea was open with her life and opinions.  

I strongly recommend you check out the new series.  I may need to go back and check out her talk show.  I saw a few clips, such as this one with Drake and another with Justin Bieber, that gave me a sense of what I was missing.  She has a nice way with guests.

No comments: