2/5/16

What is HBO's Animals?

This is what HBO has to say about tonight's new series Animals:

Created by Phil Matarese and Mike Luciano and produced by Duplass Brothers Television, Animals focuses on the downtrodden creatures native to Earth’s least-habitable environment: New York City. Whether it’s lovelorn rats, gender-questioning pigeons or aging bedbugs in the midst of a midlife crisis, the awkward small talk, moral ambiguity and existential woes of non-human urbanites prove startlingly similar to our own.

Bedbugs with angst? That does sound like the Duplass brothers.  However, with everything else on piling up in my DVR, I may put this one aside for another day. 

Update: So now I know. And I think one episode will be enough. I'm not sure a cartoon with animals can truly mask the disturbing events happening on screen, from death by sex to other themes, but I think the witticisms of The Simpsons will suffice for me. 

No comments: