9/28/15

Trevor Noah Take the Helm of The Daily Show

Tonight is the night.  Trevor Noah gets to take on his role as the host of Comedy Central's The Daily Show.  Are you ready for a 31 year-old, South African, stand-up comedian to comment on America's crazy politics? I know I am.  And while he may speak seven languages, Mr. Noah will find our candidates for president have trouble with one language (unless the language is money). 

Born into an illegal relationship in South Africa, since his white Swiss father was not allowed to have a relationship with a black African woman under apartheid, he has not necessarily come to America's shore from a peaceful youth.  And I'm not even going into how his mother was shot multiple times. 

But it's about the humor, right? Well, maybe so, but some real world experience can only help. I am eager to see the new direction of the show. And the few times I've seen Mr. Noah I have been impressed. So let the show begin!

Update: The first slow was slow and worrying. By the time Gov. Christy showed up for the third show I did not feel much better. It is too much like the old Daily Show, which only makes you miss Jon Stewart. I am hoping Mr. Noah can make it his own show, and quickly.

No comments: