9/21/15

The Start of the Fall Shows: Sci Fi and Family Issues

Tonight will be a very busy night on television, with Fox's Gotham returning and three news shows trying to get some attention.  Here is some additional information on the new shows:

- Minority Report, Fox: This series is based on the Phillip K. Dick story and should be entertaining, though I'm not sure we needed a whole series after seeing Tom Cruise's take on the tale. I am much more interested in seeing Dick's vision of Nazi-occupied America, The Man in the High Castle, premiering later this season on Amazon. 

- Blindspot, NBC: A woman is found naked in Times Square (nothing odd there) with tattoos all over her body referring to the future. It sounds like SyFy's Dominion minus the angels.  And of course now everyone needs to solve crimes. I may pass. 

- Life in Pieces, CBS: In this new sitcom, a fair number of talented actors and actresses help to dramatize short stories common to many families. Birth? Yes. Death? Yes. Boredom? Not intentionally. 

Update: I fell asleep watching Minority Report, while Life in Pieces was okay but I cannot commit. I have no time for Blindspot.

No comments: