9/2/15

The End of The Dome and More

I am not sorry to see the end of Under the Dome.  After three seasons, CBS has decided to let it end.  I barely hung on for the first two season, but decided to skip the third season after the rambling story lost its way and the acting continued to deteriorate.  I am not sure what happened in Stephen King's book, but it could not be this.  The master or horror needs to write a new book about the series that will not end as executives stretch and massage an okay story into a meaningless, meandering mess.  

So what else is dead?  It appears the NBC has killed the revival of Coach.  The original show ran from 1989 to 1997.   Surprisingly, the main start Craig T. Nelson will still be paid for all 13 episodes even though the project is over.  The last show I watched with Nelson was Netflix's first season Grace and Frankie where he played Jane Fonda's boyfriend.  I hope to see more of Nelson even if he is no longer the coach.  

And one more show to add to the cancelled list - SyFy's Haven.  This is another show that started out well concerning a small town in Maine (actually Nova Scotia) where the residents have unique and dangerous powers known as "the troubles."  Once again, the show went on too long and slowly traveled from fun to droll.  I let the show sit on my DVR for a long time during season four and zoned out during season five.  I appears everyone else did as well.  Another good show gone bad.   

No comments: