8/30/14

A&E: The Demise of Longmire

I was disappointed to hear that the A&E network decided not to renew Longmire for a fourth season.  The third season ended with a cliffhanger (spoiler alert) as Wyoming sheriff Walt Longmire continued to deal with his wife's death, deputy sheriff Vic Moretti faced a disintegrating marriage, and officer Branch Connally had a tense battle with his father that ended with a gunshot.  Plenty of excellent material for more seasons, but I guess A&E thought differently.  

I am not sure what A&E has going for it in the drama department after dropping Glades and now Longmire.  Makes you wonder if they want to be a serious contender, or stick with dumb programming such as Duck Dynasty and Storage Wars. Fortunately, the network still has Bates Motel, but I wonder if they are smart enough to hold onto it.  A disappointing day in TV land. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Longmire and Glades were the only program I watched on that channel. Justified and Vegas were the only other good (believable) programs on TV. Everything on TV now days is so shallow and trivial. Even the news is junk. Who cares who Brittany Spears or Brad Pit are screwing this week. I think I'll just have the dish turned off and watch programming here where there are no commercials