9/7/10

Truly Boring

I have seen enough.  While HBO's True Blood started out interestingly enough, and I more or less enjoyed the first two seasons, it is hard to care about these characters anymore.  It has always been primarily about sex and blood, but now it has so many additional characters and stories that you really forget what you liked about the show.  And I have already seen too many sides of Sookie and Tara to really care whether or not they become the next special on Sam Merlotte's menu.  It was probably the introduction of werewolves, southern politics, and Sam's dysfunctional family that threw me over the edge (not to mention the Nazi flashbacks, random kidnapping of Bill and Tara, and the love affair of Lafayette).  HBO's website shows 11 new characters this season, versus 7 in season two.  Sometimes a show just needs focus and good storytelling, and I no longer get this.  It was a fun idea, but I am ready for a hurricane to wipe out the town of Bon Temps and purge us of this bloodletting.

No comments: