7/27/16

Star Trek Discovery Arrives in January

You will need to wait until next January to see the new Star Trek series Discovery, but here is a teaser trailer.  The 13-part series was promoted at Comic-Con this past weekend as another Star Trek movie was being rolled out.

And what do we know about this latest saga? Not much. In an interview with showrunner Bryan Fuller Moviephone we learn very little:

I mean, it's funny. I've read that we're [set] before "Next Generation," after ["Star Trek VI: The] Undiscovered Country," which is false. I've read that it's an anthology show, which is not accurate. So it's interesting to see those suggestions, and seeing the truth mixed in with them and going like, "Oh, they got that part right..." But it's sort of on the truth-o-meter on PolitiFacts. It's sort of like some truth, and a lot of like, "No -- pants on fire! That's not true."

Well, that was helpful. All I take away from the clip is that the Federation has a secret weapon called the USS Discovery ready to cause some pain  (hence the martial music). At least that's my guess. I'm sure CBS will leak more information shortly. 

No comments: