5/21/16

Damnable News!

Okay, it wasn't the best show on television, but I enjoyed the A&E series Damian. Yet after only one season the network has decided to call it quits

It was still fun seeing The Omen in the present day, but the competition for eyes is too much these days.  As a result, the viewership was very low.

Bradley James did a nice job with the show and I hope we will seem more of him, be it with or without his British accent.  Executive Producer Glen Mazzara had this to say about Mr. James in a recent interview: 

Bradley is one of the kindest, hardest-working actors I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with, but his work is so subtle, that I think many critics dismissed it at first. Bradley brought Damien Thorn to life in a way that I don’t think anyone expected, and he deserves a tremendous amount of credit for that.

Mr. Mazzara also hoped for a season two before the cancellation was announced:

I’m very hopeful for a Season 2. I watched the [season finale] with the cast and the writers at my house and everyone’s dying to get back to work. What I would want to address—when we first meet Damien, he’s stepping out of the shadows of his life and it’s a very personal story. It initially starts small and is centered around him, and these other elements are dragged into his orbit. Now he finds himself as the head of a dark church that he didn’t even really know existed. Who were those people stepping out of the shadows? Are they of one mind or do they have many agendas. We see that the Vatican hit squad is in motion. That’s bringing a lot of power. Things have escalated, and there’s a certain amount of scope and scale surrounding Damien being a leader on a world stage.

I guess we will be stuck watching other devils take the world stage for now. 

No comments: