10/27/15

ABC's Wicked Little City

If you miss the music from the 1980s, ABC's Wicked City may be for you. Tonight's new series is set in LA bars in 1982. Of course, you also need to throw in a serial killer (Ed Westwick from Gossip Girl) and you have the makings of a evening thriller. I think I will turn to Amazon's Red Oaks for my 80s fix, but you decide. 

I like Westwick as an actor, and he can play a bad boy, but why this? The English actor would have been better off teaming up with Chace Crawford on Blood & Oil or anything else. Michael C. Hall took a similar route on Dexter, and while it was more creative it was less than his prior work with Six Feet Under. 

I suppose you take what you can get, but I'm always happy when young stars can continue to get good roles as they age. For example, Joshua Jackson went on from Dawson's Creek to do better series like Fringe and The Affair

I hope Ed Westwick finds his own Fringe, and soon.

Update: Mr. Westwick is back on the market now that Wicked has been cancelled after only three episodes. 

No comments: