12/27/12

Year-End Television Changes

Well, we are almost into a new year and quite a few changes have taken place altering the TV landscape.  For instance, this month marks the end of some popular shows, including 30Rock, Leverage (I started this blog with the show), The Office, and Merlin (while the last season of Merlin has yet to show in the US, it was already broadcast in the UK). 

This year we also saw the end to other good shows, such as Boss, Damages, Bored to Death, Last Resort, and The Fades

We also said good riddance to other shows that will not be missed by many, including Work It, The Firm, Alcatraz, I Just Want My Pants Back, Luck, and Terra Nova (though I am starting to reevaluate the show). 

Finally, we had the treat of watching a few reboots and reunions, such as the online Battlestar Galactica movie/miniseries Blood & Chrome, the Firefly cast reunion, and the American remake of The Inbetweeners.

And let's not forget there is also talk of resurrecting The Killing and Jericho, while also making a movie version of Bored to Death

Enough change in one year?  I know this is just the tip of the iceberg, but this is what caught my attention.