6/4/16

Another Renewal: Transparent

I was a fan of Amazon's Transparent in its first season, even though the family was hard to stomach at times. Yet my attention started to drift in season two as the story left the continent and my patience thinned with each character's temper tantrum. 

So what do I think the announcement of a fourth season before the third season airs? I am indifferent given all the new shows that offer better family drama, such as Outlander on Starz where a family is torn between time or Showtime's The Affair where a family vacation tests a marriage. Even on Amazon, I am much more interested in families fighting German and Japanese-occupiers (see The Man in the High Castle) or a mad London household (see Catastrophe).  

So while Transparent was an interesting idea at first, the novelty cannot hide a very unhappy family full of people you would never want to be around. I really wish I had stopped after one season. Four seasons would kill me.

Enjoy. 

No comments: