7/11/15

More Horror from Last Week: Zoo and Scream

If you still need some new shows for the summer, you might want to check out CBS's Zoo or MTV's Scream.  Both shows premiered on June 30th.

Zoo has a surprisingly good cast for a surprisingly bad idea.  The cast includes James Wolk from and Billy Burke who try to add some gravitas to this story by author James Patterson, yet it seems like a Noah's ark version of the unfortunate Sharknado series.  We are asked to believe that animals all over the world have eye problems that initiate their attempt to wipe out mankind.  I am starting to think a vampire plague or zombies makes more sense. 

And then we have Scream, a continuation of the teenage bloodfest films, but this time with the slaughter spread out over multiple episodes.  I was doubtful about Bates Motel, and that worked, yet I have to remain doubtful again.  I cannot remember the body count from the first episode, or should I say headcount, but the series could run out of victims after the first 10 episodes.  And now that it has been renewed for a second season (odd, I know), they better start transferring kids into the high school.  I always do wonder what type of parents want to live in such towns.  Someone needs to call child services. 

Sometimes bestselling books and films do not translate well on the smaller screen.  I would redirect viewers to MTV's Teen Wolf if you want wild animals and high school horror all in one place.  

Update:  I guess there will still be a few teenagers left at the end of season one since a second season of Scream has been approved.  
 

No comments: