5/22/15

Galavant Again?


I was surprised to read that ABC's Galavant was returning in the fall season. I thought this was a one-off show, but it must have done well enough in the ratings or ABC lacks the strength to try new programming. 

I admit I could only watch a few episodes of the show before I nodded off. However, the music could be fun, such as the lyrics for this song "Maybe You're Not the Worst Thing Ever":

Richard: You're frigid and demanding
I shudder at your call
Madalena: Whenever you come near me
My flesh begins to crawl
Together: But sometimes, there are moments
I'm not repelled at all
Maybe you're not the worst thing ever

Isabella: You're utterly disgusting
I loathe your manly stink
Galavant: I see your mouth start moving
And God, I need a drink
Together: And then, from out of nowhere,
I'll look at you and think
Maybe you're not the worst thing ever

M: You're worse than crabs
R: Worse than scurvy
G: Worse than lice or plague
I: But truth be told
All: You're growing on me just like mold

G: And though, you're so annoying
I: So easy to despise
R: And though, there's something scary
Behind your cold, dead eyes
M: And though I'll never like you
All: It's nice to realize
Maybe I shouldn't quite say never
Maybe you're not 
the worst thing ever

Maybe with this music in mind, this show was not the worst thing ever.  It just could have been better.

No comments: