10/17/14

Shia Meltdown and Recovery?

The recent comments by Shia LeBeouf on Jimmy Kimmel may be humorous for some, but I see little to laugh about when I see a man out of control when he drunkenly disrupts a New York show, is arrested, and then pisses on a police officer. Would you want this guy living in your city? I have already noted Shia's fall from grace on an earlier piece, and I am hoping for a rebound. Maybe the arrest will help, but not if he considers it to be a joke.

I think the appearance in the talk-show circuit is one way for the makers of the WWII film Fury to put this behind them before the release of the movie later today. But I still think Shia needs a better publicist, and a shave. 

In a recent interview, fellow Fury star Brad Pitt said

Oh, I love this boy...He's one of the best actors I've ever seen. He's full-on commitment, man. He's living it like no one else, let me tell you. I've been fortunate to work with a lot of great actors. He's one of the best I've seen.

This is great to hear, but that does not excuse his behavior.  And I am not sure how much of this is sweet talk to sell an expensive film.  I would keep the police on alert for the time being.

No comments: