4/26/14

The Purple Wedding: Great Relief for Many (And One Actor in Particular)


If you are not yet caught up on HBO's Game of Thrones, you should ignore this bit.  But if you saw the second episode titled "The Lion And The Rose," then I think you will agree that the world is a better place (or at least the artificial world of Westeros) after the Purple Wedding.  But I think Jack Gleeson is happiest of all.  You may remember his earlier talk on the ephemeral nature of fame.  Well, he has his full freedom now (something the Princess of House Targaryen would appreciate).  

Great Britain's Daily Mail recently noted Gleeson is ready to retire, quoting him saying, "I’ve been acting since age 8. I just stopped enjoying it as much as I used to...It’s not like I hate it, it’s just not what I want to do."

You can catch a clip of Gleeson with the humanitarian organization GOAL in Haiti, a sign that the young actor has other things in store for his future.  As he notes in the clip, Queen Margaery would approve.

And in case you cannot get the wedding scene out of your head, a little bit of humor may help.  I recommend you check out the video George R.R. Martin Shouldn't Plan YourWedding.  Mr. Martin means well, but he is not for everyone.

No comments: