10/31/10

Who are the Real Zombies?

Is it just a coincidence, or is AMC's The Walking Dead trying to tell us something?  Coming just two days before the national election, I can see some startling parallels to our current situation.  For instance, "zombie" is defined as "...a human being who is being controlled by someone else by use of magic."  Now I don't know if Fox News has any real magic, but I would have to say it has an awful lot of control over a number of scared Americans in this current economy.  In fact, the road sign below was flashing a warning in Texas just last year, so we cannot say we did not see this coming.
And how does one take out a zombie?  Well, I would like to think we can simply break the spell through a more thorough study our current options in this economy and a rational discussion.  I expect tonight's show will have a few more options, as Hollywood always does.  I would also like to think we can simply shame some of the more extreme elements in our society, act like adults, and agree that we all have the same goal but a few different ways to get there.  Yes, reasoning with a zombie, but also taking out the witch doctors controlling them.  I don't even think I am the first one to bring up witches in this campaign season.  So, sit back, enjoy the show, and think about what you can do to break the zombie spell and bring a little bit of sanity to this world.  Hollywood can only do so much.

No comments: