3/7/10

February TV - How to Make it in America

The only show I saw worth mentioning last month was HBO's new How to Make it in America. The star of this show is Bryan Greenberg, who I think is a talented actor and yet he has somehow been used primary on cheesy programs, such as One Tree Hill and the too long series October Road.

That being said, this latest program has some promise. It is a bit like Entourage in NYC, but these guys are gritty and real rather than spoiled and preening, which makes all the difference (of course, this is not to say NYC lacks in spoiled and preening shows; think Gossip Girl). So far, it is the tale of two guys trying to make their own line of jeans while dealing with a very cynical system, including questionable sources of cash and material. I was skeptical myself about this show, but so far it has enough interesting characters and varying storyline that I may stick around for more. Take a look for yourself.

No comments: