9/22/09

Good News for Glee

The Hollywood Reporter noted the new Fox drama Glee has been picked up for the entire season. The article quotes Fox entertainment president (who, surprise, surprise, likes the show)

"The response we've received to 'Glee' has been remarkable," said Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly. "It's already got the makings of a cultural phenomenon. I've seen all 13 episodes, and Ryan Murphy, his team and the talented 'Glee' cast have knocked our socks off with their incredible work. We're happy to pick up this gem of a show, and can't wait to see what they'll do with the rest of the season."

I think I prefer the New York Times take on the pilot

The success of a high school comedy doesn’t lie in its originality, but in how cleverly it contorts the classic formula. “Glee,” a new series on Fox, is blissfully unoriginal in a witty, imaginative way.

I for one think this is good news. One could even say I am gleeful.

No comments: