6/9/09

May and June Shows - Dancing, Singing and Nursing

If you missed the premiere of Fox's Glee on May 19, a strange and energetic program that may just make it in the Fall line-up, then you missed a real treat. Showing the pilot a few months early may have been a smart move to generate interest, but I am not sure.

We seem to have a lack of musical comedies on TV for some reason, though I would welcome more shows like Dr. Horrible. The characters on Glee are certainly likable, from the deranged diva to the singing jock. I hope it can keep this same level of fun and quality throughout the rest of the season, which may be hard to do. I am certainly hopeful since its a nice addition to the TV schedule. You can catch the pilot here at Fox.

And I just checked out the first show of Showtime's Nurse Jackie (premiering June 8). It was a good show, sort of a mix between Scrubs and ER. I like the light attitude of the characters, such as the banter while an older woman is choking in a restaurant. I have always liked Edie Falco, and the role of a tired, sarcastic nurse certainly suits her. And you can find the pilot for free on Fancast, a nifty little site for those who like to watch TV online. I recommend you check it out and see for yourself. By the way, E!Online reports Showtime has ordered a 12-episode second season. Not bad getting a second season commitment after just one show.

No comments: