3/29/09

Not Your Ordinary Beast

I have to say that A&E's The Beast has really surprised me. The story is a solid and the acting superb. And while I had a bit of fun with Travis Fimmel in an earlier posting, he has disarmed me of any doubts. In fact, while Swayze plays a great part as the cynical FBI agent Charles Barker, its Fimmel's Ellis Dove who is the most fun to watch. His unpredictable style is believable and reminded me of Brad Pitt from the thriller 12 Monkeys (in fact, Pitt was 32 when the film came out and Fimmel will be 30 this year).

Fimmel seems be taking all of this pretty well. In an interview earlier this year, when asked about working with Patrick Swayze, he noted:

Patrick Swayze is a fantastic man and an inspiration to work with. He is a fearless cowboy type and a movie icon. People can learn about not letting the little things get them down when seeing how he did not let anything get him down, even with all he was going through. Patrick was working on the set every day. We worked long, grueling hours, into the night and often until sunrise.

Stay tuned. While I have not heard anything about a second season, I am hopeful.

No comments: